The Things I Want To Do Before 40 (Help!)

Main The Things I Want To Do Before 40 (Help!)

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    A Model Recommends
      The Things I Want To Do Before 40 (Help!)

OK, it’s my birthday. 39 and feeling fine. But I’ve had this madcap idea that I’m going to do “40 before 40”, ie try and get through forty things I really want to …

Danielle Matsell

Ruth you are hilarious, hope you had a lovely birthday! A good one is always give blood!

Marilize Barber

I'm 38 & decided that for my 40th, I want to go to the biologique lecherche institute in Paris for a facial. That's doable, right?

ndoherty1000

Happy birthday. Try a NU face or Zip device for the hooded eyes. Less than 15 mins a day x3 a weekend I do notice a difference!!

Megan Ashton

I mean, The Anna Edit is pretty good at pulling outfits together which is good
              Things I'd love to do –
              Spend a solid day with people I love – organising a day out with others
              Prioritise my life – hobbies come first

PK Blondie

Happy birthday darling Ruth! Be kind to yourself! πŸ’–from πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ’–πŸ§πŸŽ‚πŸ₯‚

Sinaida Hendrian

Same with the artwork. Somehow like the way it looks leaning against walls/shelves…

Jill C. O’Neill Young

I'm 41, and I would like to have my OWN life HALF as figured out (as it sounds like you do now) to be excited to be ABLE to prepare a semi-frivolous list and vlog. So, I suppose, just to practice even more gratitude for the home, family, parcels, relationships & lovely, incredibly large eggs to need to learn to time-cook. This↖️ is not a sarcastic jab in any way. I might say, rather than hypno-therapy, I'd suggest CB: cognitive behavioral therapy, for working on stop-thought(ing) your negative worries. As they (at least offhand APPEAR, IDK?) fairly unlikely to LITERALLY occur, this particular work may be more easily/quickly accomplished, allowing you to free up more mind/brain-space for overALL happy/happier thoughts to grace the DECADES ahead; you can send me the free injectible gifts you will be likely to receive, as I am 6-wks ago freshly faced with an unexplained, but serious, unfortunately needed divorce request, and starting over my life, wishing to move West to Southern California than stay entrenched in the freezing Midwest.πŸ˜‰ Or, if it was possible (although, bearing in mind one gorgeously sweet ALSO freshly-turned 10 yr old, 120-pound, heart's love, Bullmastiff Pitbull rescue πŸ•, I likely will have a tough enough time finding an affordable residence that willπŸ€žπŸ™ allow my dog to remain with me, as well as newly-reinstating parts of my former career, prior to a long recovery, to HOPEfully soon begin a brand new one I'm spiritedly passionate about- but still working out specifics of (at 41…STILL?!πŸ™β³β°?!)-as I am my quite loveable canine son. Or, we are happy to come make a new friend turning 40 NEXT year in you (wink, wink, grovel, grovel…haha, kidding…sort ofπŸ˜‰πŸ€”πŸ˜). Just to thoroughly enjoy the sounds-like AMAZING life you already have, bc any line I don't see on your face that you may have was EARNED by smiling at your loved ones, making silly/funny faces to & with friends & hopefully husband, and by goodness girl, frame that art! What a travesty! THAT was kidding πŸ˜‚…or was I?πŸ€”πŸ˜―πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š Happy 40🎈🎈🧁πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰ REGARDLESS OF WHAT someone you don't know (like me😊)/ ANYONE ELSE SUGGESTS…BC IT'S YOUR 40, & TO ME, THAT IS ALL THAT TRULY MATTERS. You already know what NEEDS to go onto your list and what isn't so essential that it may, if you're lucky, create a tiny crinkle that marks another well-spent year living with that creative imagination, wonderful looks, what appears to be (I don't doubt, but couldn't personally say…but my Puppers would just KNOW, INSTANTLY 😊🐢❀️) a kind soul. Happiest of Happys, and many more to come!πŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆ

Thomas Montella

By the way Happy Birthday πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ to you and what an interesting and awesome challenge you have bestowed on me us, does this have to be done in England?

Dean Smith

– sleep rough for one night. Empathy of the homeless.
                        – Get a colonic 🀣
                        – eat something you have never eaten
                        – buy something you have always wanted. Like a diamond.
                        – Complete a marathon /or run a half or the distance.
                        – smoke crack?
                        – plastic surgery
                        – organise one big event that invites all of your friends
                        – stand naked in public. Lose your body shame.
                        – House. Do something you didn’t plan interior wise. Your a control freak 🀣 oooor give someone else/friend the control to make ONE change in your house. Or like one room.
                        – you and Mr AMR have sex somewhere were you have never had sex.

P Heart

As you fear people having accidents why not do a First Aid course? At the back of your mind you will have a bit of control knowing you have the skilks to help if theres an accident.

Sarah Li

Jesus Ruth I think you should just chill and stop having really horrible thoughts when you see men up ladders 🀨πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚πŸ€£βœ¨

Amy M.

I think you should go for the eccentric doll house where guilt free mistakes are welcome, maybe you could put up tiny velcro pieces that hold the curtains in place so you can change them once a month, paint it as often as you like, hang those frames and change the rugs and furniture weekly! I feel like we have a lot in common, only I'm 9 years ahead of you.and I Know exactly what you mean about being in the industry for many years and how self critical it can make you, but I really don't give a shit either. It's weird, it's like I am on a challenge to love me as is. I have 5 boys and so many other priorities other than the condition of my wrinkles. THANK GOD! I also Had my birthday this week. You look amazing Ruth, and more than once I find myself laughing with you! Happy Birthday! P.S. My bday happened to be this week as well. Cheers xo

Katerina P

I want to see the northern lights! I’m half a year younger than you, so I know the feeling..

Joanne Mullarkey

Happy belated birthday Ruth… feel your pain. 40 was a very traumatic stage in my life lol, however life really does begin from there xxx

Amy M.

I've got to get the kids off to school, but the Rhino and the ladder put a huge smile on my face, i'll be back!

Just me

I have bunches but here is a few: a meetup for those who want to meet you, 48 hrs with no digital devices, go to a special (to be selected still) restaurant for a food extravaganza, own a good camera (that’s for me), go to LA (again one for me)… I’ll mull it over and pop back on if I can think of some more! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Elizabeth Paredes

Happy birthday sweetheart!! I'd wanna go ziplining πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸŽ€

Kimberly Klein

A nice gal on YouTube and insta is amazing with capsule wardrobe you might like her. Give her a view… Audrey coyne aka audreyalamode

ranelocks

How to boil the perfect egg:
                                            Place eggs in pot and cover with cold water.
                                            Place on burner and bring to rolling boil.
                                            As soon as water is boiling turn burner off and let sit in pot with lid on for 8 to 12 minutes (depending on desired hardness of yolk).

Christine Treffkorn

Ask your husband what is the one thing he'd like to do but can't, and make it happen. Then when the timing is right, you can tell him what you'd like! I'm sure you'll have tons of ideas soon. ^_^

Louise Matlock

Happy Birthday! Definitely going to do this too. For 60…I'm 51 so heaps of time. Want to watch a Shakespeare play in Stratford , see New York, finish Couch to 5k without constantly getting stuck on week 4 and giving up. I would suggest publishing a novel for you. I'd love to read it!

Maureen Bouey

Happy birthday to you indeed! Mine was just 2 days ago so I feel I can relate to the wanting to somehow "mark" the day in a more or less meaningful – or at least fun – way πŸ™‚ I do think the idea of making a list of things to do and crossing them off is really fun and even sort of productive. I think I'm going to copy your idea though I'm miles ahead of you so it'll have to be a couple dozen more! Always fun to listen to you……no matter what you talk about. Cheers to a fellow Sagittarian 🍷

Elizabeth Morgan

Imagine if 40 really was the new 25 and you could have all that energy back? πŸ˜‚

Kristi Marie

I need to see those eggs!

Stacey Pleasants

I'm turning 47 so beginning to think of things I'd like to do before hitting 50…… But honestly, I think my list is more along the lines of yours; nothing super profound. So it seems pointless. The most profound thing I can think of is to do something like help build a school for the children in a poor Central American country or in someway help the girls in the countries that don't educate them

madelainem2

I would like to ride a horse and own real cowboy boots and see the pyramids! But I’m over 40 so that ship has sailed. But then again I’ve had two kids after 40! Better than anything I could have done. Miracles! So amazed and grateful still.

MB

Happy Birthday Ruth! I keep my 'life things list' very simple; family, exercise, eat better. And I'm writing a book… maybe you'd like to do that too hint hint please do it

Elisabeth Kaiser

I have decorated/renovated the dollshouse of my childhood some years ago and I loved it! I did the walls and carpets and I painted it on the outside. It went very well and I was very proud of it. And even though my son never played with it "properly", I could never give it away. You have to do that, because your daughters will love to play with it for sure!

mentatphilosopher

Here is a suggestion for something to try: be an extra in a film or television show, preferably an historical or costume drama.

Jacqueline Clem

Happy Birthday, Ruth!

Leilani Holmes

Look at duck egg timings? Also try steaming rather than boiling.
                                                                    Try vedic (transcendental) meditation? (I'm going to do this for positive vibes as mindfulness frustrates me)
                                                                    But, read about 'negative visualisation' because it's a well employed technique of philosophers & emperors.
                                                                    Pick out four 'signature dishes' that you'll become known for making (with your food processor?)
                                                                    Give service to share your life's journey to date, mentor or befriend someone or patron an organisation.
                                                                    Get the people you love to share one of their passions with you for a day (especially your kids).
                                                                    My sister goes wild swimming, it's not for me but it's less effort than Kilimanjaro and there are groups.
                                                                    Take something you know and like doing, and go next level to become a master at it.
                                                                    My last New Year Resolution was 'drink more cocktails' which I should be ashamed of but I'm not, it's been brilliant and I've learned some great drinks recipes.
                                                                    Say no, frequently so you can say yes more often, if that makes sense.
                                                                    Don't sweat things you don't get done. Write them on scrap paper and stick em in a jar of no regrets.
                                                                    Happy birthday and have a great year! Remember you already do loads of inspirational things! Go you!

Luisa R.

I think you should take a pole dancing class. I think of you has being very prim and proper I want to see you out of your comfort zone. Love your videos❀️

Jane Burkhart

Happy Birthday! Relax about your age, don't strive for perfection, definitely get help with your morbid thoughts.I turned 60 a couple weeks ago and I'm still working at doing the things I want to do, and things I want to improve. My husband was just diagnosed with prostate cancer, so things I thought were important have changed completely. Life is unpredictable, so whatever you choose to do, make sure it makes you truly happy. P.S. My 40s were some of my best years!

Anne-Marie Landry

Happy Birthday Ruth!! This is interesting – the list could go on and on! For me I’d like to finish the novel I started 10 years’ ago, improve my French and Italian. Go up in a hot air balloon. Have a romantic relationship without any drama. Start a home business that could be a retirement income. How about learning a language, with a trip in mind this coming year? Learning anything new! Reread some classics. But honestly your list sounds just fine because they are yours! Have a lovely one my dear ❀️.

#105522
                                                                          Jennie Shively

Happy Birthday! My Birthday is tomorrow the 29th…have a super day!

#105523
                                                                            Ann

I love the doll house idea. I have a doll house kit and haven't even built it yet, going on 2 years. I did get the furniture though. I love minimum world for all my doll house things. Check out https://minimumworld.com/

#105524
                                                                              Teresa Rolfe Kravtin

Happy Birthday! I’ve done some wonderful things in my life (from the vantage point of 60), my guiding philosophy always being, if someone told me I had only two years left to live, I didn’t want to have waited to fulfill my dreams, and then be unable to do it in the end. No regrets. I’ve swam with dolphins (3x), done a 10-day horse-pack wilderness trip in Montana, been to many US National Parks in the west, got married, had a son, learned landscape and wildlife photography, been to Yellowstone IN WINTER, heard the NY Philharmonic, visited Ground Zero through these many years, traveled through the CA wine country with special behind the scenes visits at two wineries, read loads of books, met wonderful authors, attended concerts, visited art museums, learned Zumba, practiced a little yoga, attended to my spiritual growth, played my flute, made my own drum, learned astrophotography, visited untold numbers of bookstores and publishers, met illustrators and artists . . . . Ruth, whatever inspires your passion, you must take a step toward fulfilling it. Not just before 40. For the rest of your life.

#105525
                                                                                TJ Dunn

Happy Birthday!πŸ₯³
                                                                                  Visit at least one place you’ve always wanted to go (and definitely publish your book!)x

#105526
                                                                                  Vanessa Moss

Learn a ballroom dance ; and I can’t wait to read your book !

#105527
                                                                                    Anne Rankin

A friend of mine did this with 60….but some were quite β€œsmall” and some bigger….we had dinner outside on a deck in quite a famous restaurant. 6 friends having dinner…it was so memorable. I would also suggest Manchu Picchu….sooooo awesome.

#105528
                                                                                      Jennifer Lee

I have the same morbid imagination. I feel you.

#105529
                                                                                        siugooeva

Happy Birthday Ruth!!

Viewing 43 posts - 1 through 43 (of 43 total)
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        error: Content is protected !!