A Dermatologist Reviews Women's Skincare Routines

Main A Dermatologist Reviews Women's Skincare Routines

Viewing 51 posts - 1 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    As/Is

A Dermatologist Reviews Women's Skincare Routines

“That’s a lot of stuff.” Dr. Jessica Wu is a Cosmetic Dermatologist, author, and skin care fanatic with a Harvard M.D. When she’s not taking care of patients in her …

Sian Pressly

Anything above spf 15 doesn’t actually do anything, it’s just added extra chemicals that don’t add extra protection- something that blew my mind during skincare training 🤯

Stephanie Smith

My routine:
          Wash face with warm water and maybe a tea towel if I need the extra abrasion.
          I have no pimples or anything, but I feel like diet is 80% of the result.

Noor Sarfraz

I feel like I’m the only one who has a 2 step daily routine… facewash and moisturiser 😶

NicCanDance

So many products!

Zoe Lala

I wish they could get people with different skin types (super dry, super oily, acne) and help tailor a really good routine for them.

Sarah Hernandez

Should've gotten Dr Dray to do this.

Dan Brooks

my skin routine morning:
                    blackhead gel cleanser
                    tretenoin
                    rose water
                    my skin routine nighttime:
                    blackhead facemask
                    (put soap on an electric brush)
                    moisterizer
                    mario badescu cane spot treatment
                    rose water

Emanuel Xocua

And I thought lotion was just ok

Esmy P.

And here my routine is that I wash my face……sometimes

Katie

My dry skin homies… don’t worry you’re not alone

aeileen

This was actually very helpful for me since my skin is sensitive but prone to hormonal acne like the first girl. I only use organic products, aloe vera and tea tree oil and usually they help when my hormons are not crazy, but I never thought about adding niacinamide and retinol. I'll give it a try! I just found a serum that has vitamin c, retinol, niacinamide and tea tree oils so fingers crossed 🤞

Naomi Owens

She said to use your face stuff on your neck, but I have eczema all over my neck and I can't do that.

Rachel Frumkin

I knew that doc looked familiar…like 15 years ago she was my dermatologist! Crazy.

Pragnya Vempati

These people and you guys in the Comments using all hifi stuff while my skin care routine is putting on cream/lotion whenever I remember.

Rachel Holt

Niacinamide in the morning? I thought it conflicted with vitamin c!??

Lara V

Sooo all I do is wash my face in the morning and at night. Moisturizer after with spf in the morning…I suddenly feel like I’m not doing enough. 😅

Olivia

I'm a skincareholic and now I want to buy new skincare uhuuu😭

Miss Mystery

I have exactly 3 products i use😂 Am i doing things wrong lol

Perfumaphilia

This video isn't really informative at all if you're new to skincare and need actual advice. It basically tells you nothing other than don't overexfoliate.

Sara Villanueva

I feel like the dermatologist didn't know what AHA is. She said it's Hyaluronic acid but it's actually 'Alpha hydroxy acid'.

Trisha Nicole Agulto

Can I get a list of those products per individual? 😊 Dr. Wu has a really nice voice. 😍

MrsPhantasy

This is only specific to those women. I don't think this was for the wider public. I now wish she would give me a review but I cannot afford to see a dermatologist for skincare advice, so I agree with a lot of the comments here: it's interesting but pointless for individual viewers.

Likely
                                                    ••

dr. wu: heat is not your friend when it comes to skin
                                                      me, who loves to sit in a finnish sauna and sweat it out: oof

also, can we see more of all of these gorgeous bf workers on bf / as/is videos?? 🤩

Akío Aslan

They already had good skin and knows what the are doing

Alec Angel Bless Haguisan

As far as I know , You can’t use vitamin C and acids on the same day.

Claire Keller

I have no skincare routine whatsoever bc Idk where to even start with that stuff 😥😥

aurora4218

I'm pretty skeptical of her recommendations given that she never inspected their skin. Like so many people will think their skin is oily when it's actually trying to protect itself from over cleansing, so they should treat their skin like it's dry, not oily. Or someone might think their skin is dry when they just need to exfoliate. So listening to what someone says about their skin is important, but the clinician needs to verify what they said by inspecting the skin themself.

Diana B

Welp I added like 7 products to my Sephora & amazon carts

Ms. Melissa Ann

I like that shes not pushing a brand. Just offering ad ice and explaining why

DJAMS

The Luna night oil that the second girl talked about is ACTUALLY amazing. If you’re looking for something that gives you a result the next day LOOK NO FURTHER

Delhi kitchen by Asma.

Good

milats13 •

the first girl’s witch hazel is known for having alcohol in it and being bad for skin and this dermatologist didn’t say anything about it ???

Raisa Amor

Maybe it's just me, but I find it hard to trust dermatologists and/or people in general that look like they bought their faces… and by that I mean botox and cosmetic surgeries. It's not that I have anything against them, it's just that it makes it like false advertisement 🤷🏻‍♀️

#43653
                                                                          Ashley K.

I feel like this concept is just like the videos Mixed Makeup does. It’d be nice to credit the smaller influencers that you got the idea from.

#43654
                                                                            Alysha Lee

I can see cosrx pH cleanser a mile away

#43655
                                                                              Nina Film

Wow so unhelpful 😀😀😀

#43656
                                                                                Ha Ha

Why do all these people have like ten thousand products for their face… I wish there was someone like me on there who only uses a cleanser

#43657
                                                                                  C V

I like the concept of the video but I think it would’ve been helpful to have a list of ingredients for each product printed off for the dermatologist to skim and review prior to filming (and could reference in the video). It seemed like a broad overview of yes, retinol… yes, double cleansing etc. however, I wonder if she would’ve cut any specific products knowing what they contained (essential oils/fragrance, denatured alcohol, sulfates etc.).

#43658
                                                                                    exo_luckyxoxo

Idk why the dermatologist say that vitamin C Is ok in the morning. Vitamin C is not effective and may have bad reactions when exposed to heat.

#43659
                                                                                      Tintinsimmer18

When i saw the thumbnail i was like is that mommy tang (the dermatologist)😂😂

#43660
                                                                                        Aya 010

ehhhh What happens if you don't use anything? except water and soap?

#43661
                                                                                          Erika Rodriguez

I noticed that all 3 of these women don’t use eye cream and that the dermatologist didn’t say anything about it. I was always told women should start using an eye cream in their 20s? 😂

#43662
                                                                                            Antonia Siddall

Idk about everyone else but just water is what I use 😂😂

#43663
                                                                                              Fiona B

I have super dry skin so my routine is just once a day use CeraVe hydrating cleanser and CeraVe daily moisturizer after I get out of the shower, occasionally a face mask, and when I'm in the sun I just use whatever sunscreen I can find. I don't wear makeup except mascara too. I have acne on my forehead and chin.

#43664
                                                                                                Elaine Clarke

Speaking of skin care, does any one who also has keratosis pilaris have any moisturizer suggestions. The one I am using isn’t very good.

#43665
                                                                                                  Katie Rose

Girrrrrl if the client has capillaries and the esthetician isn't already thinking to not use steam, she shouldn't be licensed lol

#43666
                                                                                                    Lili

"carbs, dairy, and sugar is bad" – as someone currently in eating disorder recovery and trying to challenge my fear foods and overcome restriction this was NOT what I needed to see hehe. Leaving the video now before some other tips also suggest I cut out protein and then fat and coffee. bye

#43667
                                                                                                      M E

I would have wanted to hear what she though about with hazel

#43668
                                                                                                        Alisha Collier

I wish I could do this because I actually have acne

Viewing 51 posts - 1 through 51 (of 51 total)
                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                        error: Content is protected !!