am i too fat? am i too skinny?

Main am i too fat? am i too skinny?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Alex Centomo

My sister and I open up about our struggles with body image. Follow me on instagram: Our video on Kyla’s channel: …

Danna Arispe

I completely understand what you are trying to get your point across. But I feel like your Chanel has gotten very depressing since you did the one of why you don’t have a lot of followers. I don’t think you should stop posting them but once a week is a lot

Amberly

I used to be so insecure about my round shaped face, I originally subscribed to your channel because we look really similar and I thought you were beautiful. I stayed subscribed because of your positive energy. <3 keep doing you miss

tamy_23xx

i really loved this video! i can actually relate so much to kyla as i have naturally more broad shoulders as well and feel like that would be the first thing that ppl notice about me when in reality others probably don’t even see it. what i struggle with as well is how i look like in pictures to the point that i‘m obsessing over every picture others take of me. sometimes i feel like i look different in every picture and start to question how i actually look to others. but i think it also comes down to thinking idk how i actually look like and kind of lose touch with myself bc of it. the thing is i‘m super conscious about all of this/my insecurities but it’s so hard to change things and the way you perceive yourself bc you can tell yourself you look beautiful all you want but that‘s not gonna change anything if deep down you know you don’t believe it.

Suzanne van Rijnsoever

All I can say is; damn, I love you girls ❤

Carofantastik

Wow I started following you because I could relate to the struggle of swimmer shoulders.. I was so happy to find someone who does fashion and that kinda stuff who isn't a tiny person that can wear anything.. and I love that you are talking about these topics more open now 🙂

<3 lots of love

Gordon Sch

How much work has your sister got done on her face?!

Ummu Insyirah

I went on a diet last year. My weight went from 58kg to 50kg (im only 159cm btw), and at 50kg, i still did not think much has changed. But what makes me regret my diet the most is how i got skin problems (incurable autoimmune disease) from my poor diet. That short two month have ruined my whole life for me. Im now suffering from eczema and psoriasis. People still asked if i gain weight, that i looked chubbier. Im now at 55kg, i still want to lose some weight but im tryng to do it better . But its so hard urggghh.

gigi gal

Nunca he podido entender por qué los youtubers se dejan afectar por los comentarios de gente que claramente solo quiere destilar veneno en redes sociales, porque su miserable vida los lleva a ofender sin razón. ¿ por qué tienen que dar explicaciones y excusarse por todo lo que hacen y dejan de hacer?

Zoe Howarth

I don't normally comment on youtube videos but just wanted to say that I applaud you for starting this video series and promoting conversations about self help and ways to help others (including myself). Stay strong!

ATon11

A podcast of you two would be amazing!!
                          And I totally agree with so many things you said and it’s sadly not spoken about enough

Alina K

love how you let each other talk!

Cloeh Beauty

Thank you for this video Alex. Really I just wanna say thank you. I’m from Italy and I always follow you, but sometimes I compare with you cause I think you have a great body and listen you talk like this about how you feel it is really helpful for me. Thank you ❤️

Yliana Ayala

Wow. Well said!

Ashley Jarrett

Why did it take me until this video to realize the fireplace is on a laptop and not real?

Julia H

Amazing Video you two😍
                                    Kyla i could relate so much…i'm a climber and I also have very broad shoulders but you know what?I'm strong, I love my sport and I wouldn't ever stop doing it just because of a damn standard that is just in our heads. Because who has set these standards that woman have to have a small, tiny frame and aren't allowed to be strong and have some muscles? It's all in our heads. The thing that really matters is how I behave and connect with other people and that I try to be a good person. My body is just the medium through which I do that. It allows me to do what I love and therefore I have the responsibility to keep it healthy, but not to force it into a shape, that it isn't meant to have.
                                    Greetings from Germany and thank you to speak out and raise awareness for the problems of social media❤
                                    P.s. also sry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I have made😂

Karen Dixon

I thought I was the only girl in the world who was treated like Kyla. I had slightly more muscular calves (even at 5) than other girls and one boy started up the "muscles" nickname and although it was only a few people who made remarks.. I felt the same and not feminine enough. But this is the last thing I ever noticed or would think about Kyla. You are very feminine.

Anushka Shrestha

I was literally just feeling super self-conscious about my broad shoulders so this couldn’t have come at a better time. The message of this video is so important, thank you for using your platform to spread positivity ❤️ you’re both so strong and inspiring, sending lots of love!

Mariona Roth st.Clair

Absolutely love these videos♥️

Isabelle Meica

Thank you for making this video! It makes me feel more confident and I just did a social media cleanse while watching this😊 please do more!💗

Gabi Borja

Omg no! you look so great, Alex!

Julianne H. W

Can I just say something? I totally get the whole thing about body image and comparing ourselves to others, both through social media and real life. Sadly, I think this happens just as much in real life. I remember growing up constantly comparing myself even without social media. There is so much things that can affect us in different ways, and I have to say I can’t only say this with sc. I often feel this what you guys say, just in real life. Does that mean I have to cut people who I compare myself to out of my life too? No. But the important thing people have to do, is just to work on themselves, find self love and try as hard as they can to not compare themselves. I know by experience it is harder said than done .. I think you guys covered it great in this video☺️❤️

La Reina

Thank you for this!❤️ really needed it

Carina Glandorff

love the videos with your sister😊💛

Keely McGann

I think your shoulders look awesome 🙂

Ainoaino

thank you for this video<3 I’ve been _struggling_ with self love and my body for so many years.

Sina Larsen

I really needed this video. Have been struggeling with self disbelief very strongly for a while now. Just nice to know im not the only one

Momodaaa

Struggling with body image so thank you so very much for this love

Abby Clay

this is so important

julia daoud

love u guys🌈💕

Sade Mowatt

Love this video!!! And I relate to Kyla 1000% percent because I’ve always been a more muscular and toned person as well and it was hard to deal with growing up because of people constantly pointing it out and saying ew you’re too muscular…
                                                                  ps. You’re both beautiful ❤️

Zoe Svec

Thank you for having these open conversations with us and being so willing to talk about things in your life that are not just "highlights." Also, it's so nice seeing your try-on hauls and knowing that you are a very similar size to me which is different than most youtubers who are only showing clothes for size xs. I love seeing a wider range of body types and people in general on Youtube, but honesty is so important and you are amazing to be so open!!

Zora Ruen

I really needed this sisterly advice ! Thanks you two for being so open and honest and caring 😘 🍁

Madaam Glam

I really appreciate this video. This helped a lot

carol welch

Although you two thought this video was all over the place, it really resonated with me. Beautifully put. I struggled with body image from age 14-21 … anorexia at 16 and I can tell you I have never felt worse about myself even when I was the smallest. Focusing on body image prevents you from living your life to the fullest. There are more important things to worry about! Just life a healthy, happy life with positivity and peace in mind and things will unfold beautifully. I have been watching you on and off for about 4 years, I will always support you! <3

#95421
                                                                          Brie Bernier

I hate that muscles is seen as a manly thing, I have broad shoulders and muscle and I think it is another type femininity and beauty. We are all different and beautiful in our own ways. Kyla helped me to love my body shape because I have broad shoulders too! I was so insecure about them. Diversity of look on social media is so important so that people know and see other people who are different and beautiful in their own way.

#95422
                                                                            kayla viscardi

I have always been so hard on myself about my body, I grew up a competitive dancer, cheerleader and gymnast so i was fairly small. Growing up I started to eat more and not care, I hated myself so much. I wouldn’t even look in the mirror, I still don’t. I always compare myself myself to instagram influencers, it sucks. I don’t shop anymore because it kills me, I hate myself and I can relate to this so much, I also have a H size chest and people tell me all the time they make me look bigger so it really affects me so much 🥺. I thank you so much for opening up about this. ❤️❤️

#95423
                                                                              Stories Unwritten

Please do not get plastic surgery… you two are perfectly perfect.

#95424
                                                                                Kelly Miller

Love you girls ! You remind me of my sister and I ! I would love to hear more on how you both Handle anxiety etc !

#95425
                                                                                  Stories Unwritten

I love the daily vlogs when you guys would walk Boo every morning 🙂

#95426
                                                                                    maria lowicki

Thank you SOO much!! You have such a beautiful soul and that was so reflected in this video!! Love your sister too!!❤️

#95427
                                                                                      Lara Abruzzo

I wish this video was around when I was 11-13, this is just so important

#95428
                                                                                        R K

I liked how you made this video of how you want to be approachable on social media rather than posting pics of “goals” but then why are you posting pictures of the past like how you looked thinner before rather than now? I think we all would prefer it if you posted pictures of how you like now in present and that would show that you accept and love how you look because right now it just contradicts what you’re saying in this video

#95429
                                                                                          Youtubers Instastory

Alex I actually look up to you a lot, were really similar, I use to be super skinny too but now I have some more curves so it’s nice to have someone who I can admire with a similar body type as me 🙂 you’re beautiful xo

#95430
                                                                                            Claramarie

About people commenting on your weight, it makes me think of my family who went through my eating disorder journey with me and knows it was very hard. Well, I am in Sydney for a year and I've been there for a month or more and I keep sending them pictures. And for some reason they think it's okay to tell me "oh you lost weight you look incredible, it suits so well and better". And I just don't get it! I mean I am sending you a picture so I can share with you my traveling experience… not my body … and it is actually very annoying. I don't understand why weight became such in important thing in society !

#95431
                                                                                              Jaylinn Herrera

This is actually so important. A behind the screen, real personalities. Respect

#95432
                                                                                                Carolina A.

Wow… i can’t believe how negative people can actually be on social media. You guys are amazing for being so open and honest… i’ve always been struggling with my weight… sometimes people always compliment me and say that I’d lost weight but then I gain some more… it’s time consuming thinking all the time about how you look and how much you weight. Thank you for this video…

#95433
                                                                                                  Michelle Quintia

I am contented with my body before so I never worked out but when I turned 30, I noticed that I am gaining weight and that's when I started working out. It's true that our metabolism goes down as we age. I am 33 now and working out has been a habit (4-6x a week) and I am more muscular and happy with my body now than 3 years ago.
                                                                                                    Edit: thanks for this video. It's as if my friends are around, making me feel better about body image. 😊💗

#95434
                                                                                                    Sasharella

Love love this video! Such an important topic. When I was in my early 20s when Tumblr was a thing, I became obsessed with losing weight and working out and eating healthy. It consumed my life. I followed all these “thinspo” blogs and wanted to look like all the girls I saw. Now at 29 I’m still trying to recover from my disordered thoughts and eating.

Thank you for these videos Alex, it feels like listening to a friend ❤️

#95435
                                                                                                      thejunebugable

Thank you for this video. I think it's such an important conversation to have. One thing I have noticed lately is that you mostly post old photos on your Instagram, from when you were much thinner. It's really hard to listen to your advice about body positivity when I feel that you are uncomfortable at the weight you're at and seemed happier when you were thinner. I would really love to hear your thoughts on this.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                      error: Content is protected !!