DOES EYESHADOW PRIMER *Really* MAKE A DIFFERENCE?!? – Wear Test + Comparison

Main DOES EYESHADOW PRIMER *Really* MAKE A DIFFERENCE?!? – Wear Test + Comparison

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    KathleenLights
      DOES EYESHADOW PRIMER *Really* MAKE A DIFFERENCE?!? - Wear Test + Comparison

Hey, Guys! (WATCH IN HD) So I got really curious the other day when I reached for my eyeshadow primer instead of my usual concealer! It made me think – is …

KathleenLights

Should I test this again?! But with a different concealer / primer lmao? Maybe I’ll do it off camera and update you guys!

Lexi Chrastina

It doesn’t matter to me, at least I don’t think so, but I don’t have oily eyelids so I cannot help. I have normal skin neither oily or dry. If anything a lil on a dry side, no oil. Thank you God for blessing me

Coils of Love

Please do this video again using some other products.

Coils of Love

I feel like the concealer side does have a more vibrant pigment to it.
              I also like the Elf lid primer, Lorac eye primer, but I also like using the Fenty Concealer, Tarte, Colourpop concealers for my eyeshadow.

Abby Lea

I don’t use primer for anything lol. I do skincare then my makeup. That’s it.

Lauren Sutton

“Or maybe this video’s a flop” LMAO 😂 I loved it tbh do more!
                  For me personally, I have dry patches but semi oily lids and I can go between the two just fine. I prefer concealer just because it’s easier for me 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

cynthia alonso

Me watching this video being thankful but also being happy AF for Kathleen and Dany since their in Hawaii on vacation 😭😍✈️ keep conquering your fears Kat! We see you, we’re rooting for you 🥰

Crystal Rubio

Kathleen content is always good content! ✨

Pao Ha

well you added more eyeshadow to the concealer side as it wasn't showing as fast as with the primer, right ?

Kirsty

I have oily skin and I even use eye shadow primer on my eyebrows instead of face primer so my brows will last longer!

Marine

I just got home from the dentist and that quote really hit home.🤭🤣

Alex A

Here’s my thing, when I’m doing an everyday look, I can get away with using just concealer. But if I’m doing an Instagram look that requires color and a sharp cut crease I NEED my plouise base. Concealer tends to move slightly, the base doesn’t.

Sofía López Ortiz

Hey there! I have a question, which primer do you recommend for oily lids? Not to expensive pleaseee haha (sorry if my English is horrible, is not my first lenguage)

Kivy Kat

I have oily eyelids and if I don't use a primer my eyeshadow will break up and crease in 2-3 hours

Zoe Theobald

Please test this again w different products!!

Jennifer Gonzalez

You should definitely do this again! You can do a battle on what primer/ concealer works the best !

DeeZul323

As someone with OILY heavy hooded lids I cannot use concealer. I have to use primer and unfortunately not all primers are made the same.

Michelle Maria

I've ALWAYS used concealer on my eyes since back in the day like in the EARLY 90's (I was ahead of the game, lol or I'd like to think so)….had I known back then, just how HUGE the makeup industry would have gotten back then I definitely would've invented 'eye conceal' however I used concealer because I wanted to make my face the same color & look flat like a pancake too since bronzer back in the day wasn't a 'thang', lol so I would use concealer to cover discoloration veins, dark circles, etc. I noticed my eyeshadow stayed on longer whereas my Moms would crease or fade completely off. My Moms eyeshadow would have worn off by hour 2 (she had SUPER oily eyelids) while mine would wear all day. (I don't have oily eyelids) Things that make you go hmmmm. I use colourpop no filter concealer now, and love it.

Baylee Blanke

I always use concealer because every time I try to use an eyeshadow primer my eyelids look like a wrinkly ballsack

fizzyfizz07

I have the driest skin but my eyelids are an oil slick, but concealer all the way 🙌🏻🙌🏻

Lauren Brooks

Oily lids queen. I don’t wear shadow because of it. No matter (haven’t tried primer) I use it will literally look like a cream balled up in my crease. It’s nasty.

Mesho Drake

september 1 is my birthday

SneauxWishing

I have oily eye lids and live in a humid air place. I used to use a primer on my lids and it would crease, so I changed after so many years to the Sephora brand concealer, and my eye makeup stays on longer. So I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️, it could just be me, but I love the concealer. Thank you Kathleen for doing this video!!

Christina Ong

Hi Kat! I just noticed you mentioned you dipped into the palette 2x for the concealer side making your experiment a bit tainted. Procedure should be the same for both eyes. And I'm not sure if you did use different brushes? coz the brush can still contain pigmnet from your previous dip. I know you get me gurl. Anyway, as a 🇵🇭 mua, i need to try this myself too! Great idea! Make it a series! Love you ❤

Jaki-Lynn Dixon

I LOVE THIS!!!!!! I’m so internally conflicted as well. PLEASE …. DO ALL OF THE COMPARISONS!!!!! All of Them

Joanne Ruan

I'm such an oily oily ho, I've tried concealer as eye primer (cuz i poooor) but it will crease and smudge in like 3 hours so i splurged for the smashbox 24 hr eye shadow primer and i've never looked back

DaMora Upchurch

Try it with drugstore products.

Chabels01

If you have oily eyelids, concealer is not enough.

Misha Nicastro

I would love to see you try a full face of affordable clean makeup

LeanBean Beauty

I've never even considered using concealer on my eyes, I get so oily n shiny by the end of my day… Milani eye primer 4eva!! XO

Amanda Olsen

I have decently oily eyelids and I honestly think that if you’re using a mattifying or longwearing type base of any kind on your eyelids it helps

For example, I have tester sizes of the este lauder double wear foundation that I don’t like on my skin but that I started using on my eyelids and that works just as well (maybe better?) than my urban decay primer potion. So I think it depends—but it works for me

Belinda crump

Kathleen can you please do a “ shop my stash video” on your drugstore makeup using your old favourites. Ly x

Jamie Moreno

I have oily eyelids and the ONLY primer that works for me is the Urban decay original. I've tried other primers and have tried concealer but they always crease on me.

Demi March

Yaaas plz keep testing! I have ALWAYS wondered this ❤️❤️ thank you! Xoxo

#88856
                                                                          chele10580

Interesting.. Good video 🙂

#88857
                                                                            ANDREA QUINTERO

When you use eyeshadow primer and you use liquid eyeliner, do you think the eyeliner dries up faster inside the pen?

#88858
                                                                              its ya girl liz

P louise because no one uses that pinche smashbox one lol

#88859
                                                                                Hetvi Patel

You seem so excited and happy. I love it!!!

#88860
                                                                                  Reem Manzoor

Are you kidding us! This is needed!!! OG YT stuff ❤️ youre the best ! 🤗

#88861
                                                                                    Rainy C

The Nars side looked a little smoother. I have dry combo skin, but I have hooded, oily lids so I tap a little setting spray on my lids with a flat brush. I was tired of smudging and transfer. I tried everything. Now, my eye makeup lasts all day no matter if I use primer or concealer. 🤷🏽‍♀️

#88862
                                                                                      Michelle Tran

I have oily eyelids and I tried using shape tape as an eye primer and my eyeshadow looked like 💩

#88863
                                                                                        Laura Morales

Yaaaas! Please continue giving us battle videos😅🥊
                                                                                          I use the MAC paint pot as a primer but then again they are not technically primers they are advertised as eye shadows lol 🤷🏻‍♀️

#88864
                                                                                          Maturely Glam

You should have use a better eyeshadow base that 1 is horrible!

#88865
                                                                                            jetson10100

I really thought about this, I have used a particular primer for about 8 years now, but!! I use concealer to cut my crease so I use both!! Never have my eyes creased either Lololol

#88866
                                                                                              Lisa Black

I thinking the concealer looks a little darker

#88867
                                                                                                Samantha Daneker

You have to have libra in your progressed chart! Have too 😂😂

#88868
                                                                                                  Ashley Davis

I’d say the concealer side is definitely darker/more pigmented! We see it too!!!

#88869
                                                                                                    Melissa Gloekler

"Lemme know if you have oily eyelids" 😂

#88870
                                                                                                      Robin

Please do this video again with the fenty primer cause I’m convinced that stuff is glue

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 50 total)
                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                      error: Content is protected !!